Everson Museum of Art – Executive Director Reports to: Board of Trustees Summary: Reporting to the Board of Trustees, individual provides conceptual leadership for the institution as a whole; develops strategic planning for Museum objectives; serves as a spokesperson for the museum; Plans organizes and directs activities through Museum staff; and acts as liaison between staff and Board of Trustees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To serve as the principal public persona of the Museum.
- To provide the vision and personal leadership for the institution’s growth and development and to achieve the goal of national prominence and recognition.
- To develop strategies and initiatives to fulfill Museum’s mission, increase its audiences, and insure its financial stability and growth.
- To raise funds and solicit major gifts to provide the finances available to the Museum to fund programs and acquisitions for the collection.
- To direct and supervise all Department Heads.
- To be responsible for long-range planning and strategic planning; work with Trustees on developing new ideas for fund raising support of the Museum; work with the Board to develop and ensure that the Museum is moving towards implementation of its strategic plans.
- Maintain responsibility for all professional practices and Museum policies including acquisitions, deaccessions, conservation, research interpretation and presentation, and financial management.
Other duties as required. Minimum Qualifications:
- Master of Arts degree in art history or a related field. Ph.D. or equivalent experience in art history preferred.
- 5+ years experience in many aspects of the art museum field.
- Must have proven scholarly ability as demonstrated through publication and exhibitions.
- Must have solid experience in fund raising and museum administration.
- Must have excellent supervisory and organizational skills as well as communication skills and time-management skills.
- Must be able and willing to interact with community leaders, the general public, and potential donors to the Museum.
Submit a letter of application, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Everson Museum of Art offers excellent benefits with health, dental, life and 403(b). The Everson Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.