In a message sent to grantees from NYSCA, the following clarification was given regarding the $4 million increase to local assistance funding:
The Council is very pleased that Governor Cuomo and the NYS Legislature passed a budget which included $4 million in additional funding for the Council. This funding is directly attributable to the Governor and the Legislature’s support and understanding of the high economic value and vibrant community making impact that arts and cultural support brings to NY State’s residents and visitors. The dedication and hard work of arts advocates, the arts community and the Council was a catalyst for the additional funding, and we are deeply grateful to the strong support of so many citizens and arts organizations during the budget season.
The $4 million will be administered by the Council on behalf of the grant program of the Regional Economic Development Council, REDC, www.nyworks.ny.gov. Please visit this web site to learn more about the important work of the REDC. There are many details still being worked out on the REDC/Council Program but the following is known:
- Applicants for the REDC/Council Program must meet the eligibility requirements for organizations seeking funding from the Council
- An application to the REDC/Council Program is EXEMPT from the two grant application limit for FY13
- A new guideline, with application criteria specific to the REDC/Council Program, will be developed
- Applications for the same project cannot be submitted to the Council’s ongoing funding program and the REDC/Council Program
- The Council will issue the contracts for the grant awards from the REDC grants program
- Applications will be made using the REDC website’s online Consolidated Funding Application.
NYSCA indicates that more information is forthcoming. We recommend that you contact your local economic development representatives ASAP.